Solid state drives are 100% compatible with industry standard hard drives, using both industry standard dimensions and a standard hard drive interface.
These SSDs are based on solid state NAND Flash components and offer the following benefits:
- No moving parts.
- Far greater reliability than conventional hard drives
- Excellent resistance to shock and vibration.
- Consume approximately 85% less power and
- Produce far less heat than rotating magnetic drives.
- Faster access times than conventional hard drives.
These characteristics make SSDs ideal for ruggedized computing environments where reliability is paramount, and mission critical enterprise environments with high transactional rates that burn through hard drives.
Call us with any questions you may have on solid state drives at 800-722-8798. We'll be happy to answer questions and recommend products for your particular application.